: A Senior Project Manager (SPM) is responsible for the complete and satisfactory execution of a large or otherwise complex construction project, as defined by the scope of services in the contract with the Owner. The
SPM serves as the focal point for coordination of all project information between the field, office, senior management and the customer. The SPM provides leadership, support, and training to the project team. The SPM reports to a Project Executive.
FUNCTION, RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEVEL OF AUTHORITY:
- Assists in the development of project staffing plan and assignments.
- Organizes and oversees job site administration (with superintendent).
- Assists in the procurement of subcontractors and suppliers.
- Oversees subcontractors’ quality of work and coordination among trades (with superintendent).
- Identifies and resolves all issues and changes.
- Assures that job site safety and security systems are in place and operating.
- Assures that all materials are delivered properly and on time (submittal and procurement procedures).
- Develops, monitors, and updates project schedule.
- Oversees subcontractor schedules.
- Establishes and manages project specific cost control system.
- Monitors cost reports for adherence to budgets.
- Approves payments to subcontractors.
- Oversees timely submission of invoices.
- Retains specific level of authority to commit company’s resources and perform additional/less work.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with all project participants (e.g., Owner and Owner’s representative, design professionals, subcontractors).
- Establishes, manages, and sees that project specific information systems are maintained.
- Coordinates site activities with office activities.
- Communicates schedule revisions to all parties, as appropriate.
- Communicates cost control status and issues to Grunley management in a timely manner.
- Provides training to assistant project managers and coordinators.
- Represent Grunley at industry events.
- Attend as assigned all Grunley in-house and external training programs.
- Participate as assigned as an instructor in Grunley continuing education and training programs.
- Maintains awareness of Grunley’s employment recruiting program and provide leadership and assistance in recruiting efforts as appropriate.
Pay application and Subcontractor Pay Voucher Preparation
Project CPM schedule development, updates, and time impact analysis
Change management process
Material and equipment fabrication & delivery tracking
Subcontract administration and enforcement
Prime contract administration & adherence
Overall project team leadership & mentorship
Complex issue negotiation & resolution
Subcontractor buyout process
Job Status Report, profit plans, and forecasting management
The SPM must have a minimum of 10 years of experience as a project manager. Working knowledge of computer based management software systems is essential. The SPM must have strong decision-making and problem solving skills, be a skilled writer and communicator
and capable of serving as a facilitator.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or Business. This position requires a minimum of ten (10) years of construction experience. Working knowledge of construction project management software (Procore and P6 scheduling) is required.
In lieu of bachelor's degree, must have a minimum of twenty (20) years of construction experience.
Preferred for candidates to hold Top Secret clearance.
Grunley is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 240-399-6162 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.